Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Fairy Cakes

I had to go to a meeting last night and so rushed off at 7.30 p.m. leaving younger daughter claiming that she wanted to make cakes.

Well, she is twelve and she has had lots of experience from being my trusty little assistant, so I left her to make her own cakes.  I was pleasantly surprised when I came home later to a nice cup of tea and a fairy cake.

She had a little trouble with the consistency of the icing, but that comes with practise and experience, but other than that - I think I had better watch out!






They tasted great and as the Judges on The Great British Bake Off would say - they had the right consistency, they were not dry, nor overcooked, nor undercooked - perfect.

I watched The Great British Bake Off last night (recorded whilst I was out and watched when I got home with my tea and fairy cake) - whilst I do hate the way that the competition takes cakes, puddings and pies so seriously - I do find this programme compelling and look forward to it each week.  Just sorry that next week is the last one!

Hmm, I'm thinking about another fairy cake with my morning coffee - think my daughter might notice that their numbers are dwindling.

2 comments:

  1. She didn't do a bad job at all. In the words of my husband when I complain a cake didn't come out perfect " I want to eat it not look at it"

    Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, I can't wait until our little girl is able to bake on her own! Your daughter did a great job:-)

    ReplyDelete