Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Twinings Tea and HP Sauce!

My sister wrote on her blog Magnolia Verandah  that she was unhappy with her Twinings Tea, then I read that Twinings had altered the recipe for Earl Grey tea - I am delighted to read in today's newspaper that Twinings have backtracked and are now reselling the original Earl Grey tea on their website, renamed Earl Grey The Classic Edition - not in supermarkets though.

Maybe if enough people purchase through the website it will be only a matter of time before they put it back on the shelves in supermarkets.

HP Sauce - nothing to do with afternoon tea I admit - however, this is another product that has been altered, this time in response to the Coalition Government's Responsibility Deal - a programme for reducing the level of fats and salts used by food manufacturers.  Whilst I am not a lover of HP sauce I do think that these changes for the sake of change is ridiculous.  Those that are lovers of HP sauce say that the new version is sourer and that there is a definite difference in the taste.

Meddling meddling meddling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment